No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
O’Reilly Auto Parts Challenge
Texas Motor Speedway
November 5, 2011
TV: ESPN2 at 12:55 PM ET Radio: PRN/Sirius 90 at 12:30 PM ET
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-214 during Saturday’s O’Reilly Auto Parts Challenge at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS). Keselowski last drove this chassis to a seventh-place finish at Atlanta Motor Speedway in September.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2011... After 31 events, Keselowski and the reigning NNS champion No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team are ranked sixth in the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings. The team is coming off a sixth-place finish in the Dollar General 300 Miles of Courage last month at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
• Keselowski Climbing the Charts… By taking the checkered flag in last month’s Kansas Lottery 300 at Kansas Speedway, Keselowski entered into a tie for 15th place with Jeff Green and Joe Nemechek on the NNS all-time wins list with 16 victories. Keselowski is now four wins away from tying Greg Biffle for 14th place on the all-time list.
• Next No. 1?...In his last four NNS starts at Texas, Keselowski has finished, fifth, fourth, third and second. The Discount Tire Dodge team hopes the countdown will continue on Saturday with Keselowski’s first series win at TMS.
• Keselowski Speedway Stats… In 98 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated eight wins, 42 top-five finishes, 61 top-10 results and five pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 1,577 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
• Meet Brad… Keselowski will make an appearance at Speedzone Dallas located at 11130 Malibu Drive in Dallas, Texas at 5 pm CT on Thursday, November 3.
• Follow Brad on Twitter… Fans can follow Keselowski on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/keselowski. Followers can get a glimpse inside his everyday life while keeping up-to-date on the latest Cup Series and Nationwide Series news for the Penske Racing driver.
• RubyTuesdayRacing.com… When Brad wins, you win. Visit www.rubytuesdayracing.com following any of his wins, either in the Cup Series or the Nationwide Series, to register for a delicious Ruby Tuesday hamburger of your choice, compliments of Ruby Tuesday and Brad.
Brad Keselowski on racing at Texas Motor Speedway
“Texas is an extremely fast track in any kind of car, but no stock car gives you the sensation of speed that the Nationwide Series car does. It actually feels faster than a Cup car. You enter Turn 1 at around 190-195 mph, depending on whether you are in race trim or qualifying trim. If your car is handling the way it needs to, you’ll go through that corner without lifting, or barely lifting, out of the throttle. You’re on the edge the entire lap and if you don’t hit your marks you can easily end up in the wall. I’m excited about the car we’re bringing and I think we can run up front and contend for the win.”
Crew chief Todd Gordon on Texas Motor Speedway
“By far, the most important thing to work on when going to Texas is making sure you get over the bumps in Turn 1 without upsetting the car. It is one of the fastest corners we see all year and it doesn’t take much to get out of shape. If you can get through that corner and keep the car turning, the rest of the lap should be pretty fast. I’m very proud of the improvement we have made this year on our intermediate program. Each time we visit those tracks I think we are one of the cars to beat. We ran second in the spring race at Texas earlier this year. I’m confident we can improve on that this weekend.”