Brad Keselowski Nationwide Series Michigan Preview
August 9, 2010
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Michigan International Speedway
August 14, 2010
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… The No. 22 Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-204 during Saturday’s Carfax 250 at Michigan International Speedway. This is a brand-new chassis to the No. 22 stable.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2010... After 21 races, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team currently lead the Nationwide Series driver point standings by 327 points over second-place contender Carl Edwards. Keselowski has led the standings since his win at Talladega Superspeedway in April.
• Adding to the Record... By taking the checkered flag in last Saturday’s race at Watkins Glen International, Keselowski extended his NASCAR record with his 89th consecutive Nationwide Series race without a DNF (Did Not Finish).
• Series Leader… Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes (16), top-10 finishes (19) and laps completed. He has completed all but one of the 4,037 laps contested this season and has led the field for 766 of those circuits.
• Defending Winner… After starting the 2009 edition of this race from the 13th position, Keselowski calmly worked his way through the field to lead three laps en route to the fifth win of his career at his home track. Keselowski hails from Rochester Hills, Mich.
• Speedway Stats… In 73 career speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated three wins, 29 top-five finishes, 43 top-10 finishes and four poles.
• Meet Brad Keselowski… Keselowski will make a public appearance at the Discount Tire store located at 901 N. West Avenue in Jackson, Mich. on Wednesday, August 11 beginning at 4 p.m. EDT.
Brad Keselowski on his 2009 Nationwide Series win at Michigan
“Winning the Nationwide Series race last year at Michigan meant a lot to me. There were so many different things going on at that time in my career, specifically with my future. Obviously I found a great home here at Penske Racing. All of that weighed on my mind and to win while you are going through that is a huge sense of relief. Throw in the fact that Michigan is my home track and I was in front of many friends and family members just added another element.”
Brad Keselowski on racing the new Dodge Challenger this weekend at Michigan
“The biggest thing with the new Dodge Challenger this weekend at Michigan is that you don’t know what to expect. There isn’t much we can take from Daytona other than the fact that we know we’ve built some pretty fast racecars. We still need to keep working on it to make it better and better each time we run it. I’ve pointed to these races with the new Dodge Challenger as the wild cards in the championship battle. I’m happy with how we performed at Daytona and we need to ensure we stay on top of our game this weekend at Michigan. We’ve definitely hit a homerun with the look of the cars and if we can make the racing match the aesthetics of the car this series will be in good shape.”
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on Michigan International Speedway
Back to previous page.
“I was very happy with the way we came out of the box at Daytona with the new Dodge Challenger. We showed a lot of speed and that is encouraging as we continue to develop the new car. Michigan is a different animal, though, and it will give us a real test to see where we are with the program. I think it’s a great track for us to take the Challenger because you have so many lanes to work with. It’s a track that is heavily-dependent on aerodynamics and we liked what we saw in that department at Daytona. Brad knows how to win at Michigan and we’re going there to continue to add to our lead in the point standings.”
Copyright ©2008 Penske Racing. All rights reserved