Brad Keselowski NNS Charlotte Preview
October 12, 2010
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Dollar General 300
Charlotte Motor Speedway
October 15, 2010
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
• This Week’s Challenger… The No. 22 Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-209 during Friday’ night’s Dollar General 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. This is a brand-new chassis to the No. 22 fleet.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2010... After 30 races, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team currently lead the Nationwide Series driver point standings by 384 points over second-place contender Carl Edwards. Keselowski has led the standings since his win at Talladega Superspeedway in April.
• Adding to the Record... By taking the checkered flag in the last Nationwide Series race at Auto Club Speedway, Keselowski extended his NASCAR record with his 97th consecutive Nationwide Series race without a DNF (Did Not Finish).
• Series Leader and a “Grand” Milestone… Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes (21), top-10 finishes (24) and laps completed in 2010. He has completed all but one of the 5,484 laps contested this season. Keselowski has led the field for 1,017 of those circuits, marking the first time he has led more than 1,000 laps in a season.
• Keselowski Speedway Stats… In 77 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated three wins, 31 top-five finishes, 45 top-10 finishes and four pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 851 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
• 2011 Discount Tire Paint Scheme… Penske Racing and Discount Tire will feature a new paint scheme this weekend at CMS. With the full implementation of the Dodge Challenger occurring in 2011, the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team hopes to get a jump on the preparations for next season by debuting the new scheme in the final race of the year for the new car.
Brad Keselowski on racing the Dodge Challenger at Charlotte Motor Speedway
“We’ve had some great races so far with the Dodge Challenger. I believe the car has really exceeded the expectations that everyone had. It’s been great. The performance that we’ve had with it at Penske Racing has been phenomenal. These new car races were wild card races, in my mind, this year and I think they’ve been our best races. We won the last race with the Challenger, at Michigan, and I’m looking forward to keeping the momentum going at Charlotte and hopefully grabbing another win.”
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on returning to Charlotte Motor Speedway
Back to previous page.
“Charlotte is a very fast 1.5-mile track, probably one of the fastest places that we go. You need to get as much speed out of the car as possible without sacrificing the handling. Charlotte is very temperamental to changing track conditions. Most of our practice time is during the day, but we’ll race at night. That makes our final practice on Thursday very important as it is the closest we’ll be to race conditions. This is the race we’ve all been waiting on for the new Dodge Challenger. This race will give us a glimpse of what we can expect for next year as intermediate tracks, like Charlotte, make up a large portion of our schedule.”
Copyright ©2008 Penske Racing. All rights reserved