Brad Keselowski Nationwide Series Texas Preview
November 2, 2010
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger
O’Reilly Auto Parts Challenge
Texas Motor Speedway
November 6, 2010
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger News and Notes
• This Week’s Charger… The No. 22 Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-030 during Saturday’s O’Reilly Auto Parts Challenge at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS). Keselowski last drove this chassis to a second-place finish at Kansas Speedway in October.
• The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger in 2010... After 33 races, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team currently lead the Nationwide Series driver point standings by 485 points over second-place contender Carl Edwards. Keselowski has led the standings since his win at Talladega Superspeedway in April.
• Adding to the Record... By taking the checkered flag in the last Nationwide Series race at Gateway International Raceway, Keselowski extended his NASCAR record with his 99th consecutive Nationwide Series race without a DNF (Did Not Finish).
• Series Leader… Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes (23), top-10 finishes (26) and laps completed in 2010. He has completed all but one of the 5,884 laps contested this season. Keselowski has led the field for 1,146 of those circuits, marking the first time he has led more than 1,000 laps in a season in his career.
• Keselowski Speedway Stats… In 79 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated five wins, 33 top-five finishes, 47 top-10 finishes and four pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 958 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
• Keselowski the Owner… This weekend, Keselowski will done his owners cap as Parker Kligerman will jump behind the wheel of the No. 29 Brad Keselowski Racing Ram in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at TMS. This will be the first Truck Series race for Kligerman and his first time in BKR equipment. Keselowski finished seventh in the last truck race for BKR at Bristol Motor Speedway in August.
• Closing in on a Championship… Keselowski can mathematically clinch his first NASCAR Nationwide Series championship – and the first NASCAR championship title for Penske Racing – this weekend at TMS with a 21st-place finish.
Brad Keselowski on the possibility of clinching the Nationwide Series championship at Texas Motor Speedway
“We’re close, but nothing has been decided yet. Our attitude going into this weekend is that we are behind in points, which we are in the owners standings. Regardless of how this season turns out, I’m proud of this team. To come out of the box like we have, with a brand-new team, is pretty remarkable. I told Mr. Penske when I made the move to Penske Racing that I wanted to run the full Nationwide Series schedule because I thought we could be very competitive. We were able to attract great sponsors in Discount Tire and Ruby Tuesday. We were able to bring in talented people, including my crew chief Paul Wolfe. To be in position to win the first NASCAR championship for Penske Racing is something that I take a tremendous amount of pride in. It’s the culmination of a lot of hard work by a lot of people.”
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on this weekend’s race at Texas Motor Speedway
Back to previous page.
“Texas is a very ‘line-sensitive’ racetrack so you have to give your driver a car that is well-balanced. It’s also heavily aero-dependant because the speeds are so great. Inevitably, someone will hit the setup just right and pull away from the rest of the field. Hopefully that will be Brad and the Discount Tire Dodge Charger this Saturday and we’ll be celebrating with a championship.”
Copyright ©2008 Penske Racing. All rights reserved